Digital & Creative
Oxfordshire has 3,000 creative sector businesses, which generate more than £1.4 Billion annually and is one of the UK’s top 10 ‘hot-spots’ for creative industries as well as the UK's largest centre of publishing outside of London.
Oxfordshire’s strength and depth in ICT and related research through both universities, involving 2,500 students in computer science, technology, cyber security and big data processing, creates employment for a growing base of skilled people of all ages.
A vibrant technology and media start-up environment with recent major successes including Natural Motion (bought by Zynga for $527M) and PlinkArt (acquired by Google) and strong network opportunities through the Oxford Technology Media & Finance Network.
- Click here to read about Oxford in the Tech Nation 2016 report
- Click here to read EEN's Creative Industries Funding Opportunities
Network Navigator for Digital & Creative
Shelley Couper is experienced in digital product development, management and marketing. She recently launched a digital game, Crickle, and is currently working to set up an Oxfordshire games developers network. Very enthusiastic about the Oxfordshire start-up scene, she enjoys helping entrepreneurs network and navigate the business support environment. While the majority of her experience has been gained in the publishing and education sectors, she has also worked for public sector bodies, NGOs, charities, engineering and retail banking organisations.
Resources for Digital and Creative businesses
- Digital Oxford - An independent organisation that sets out to make Oxford and Oxfordshire a global destination for digital business.
- Digital Business Academy - 11 courses from the experts. 100% online. For free.
- KTN (Creative, Digital & Design) - helps accelerate innovation in UK creative, digital and design businesses.
- Creative Industry Finance - Free business support and advice on how to apply for loans for creative industry enterprises in England.
- Creative England - investment in talented people and their creative ideas, nurturing England's richly diverse games, TV, film and digital media industries.
- Creative Business Mentor Network - Provides access to experienced, successful and dynamic business leaders who support ambitious companies.
- Digital Catapult - Works with digital SMEs to help them grow and scale faster.
- Digital Health Oxford - A cross-disciplinary group that supports digital health in Oxford, and beyond.
- Oxford Technology & Media Network - Helps local startups and businesses find the people, connections and resources they need to flourish.