Great British High Street Competition 2016 launched
The Great British High Street competition is run by the Department for Communities and Local Government and sponsored by Boots, the British Council of Shopping Centres, Ellandi, Holland and Barratt, Marks and Spencer, the Post Office and Wilko.
The competition celebrates the great work that is being done to revive, adapt and diversify the nation’s high streets and is an opportunity for councils, businesses, community groups and volunteers to learn from the very best: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/launch-of-great-british-high-street-competition-2016
The 9 competition categories for places are:
- Best City Centre High Street
- Best Town Centre High Street
- Best Market Town High Street (small)
- Best Market Town High Street (large)
- Best Coastal Community High Street
- Best Village High Street
- Best Local Centre - precinct or parade of shops
- Best London High Street
- Rising Star - to recognise towns who are turning fortunes around
The 4 competition categories for individuals are:
- Best Store Manager or Employee from a National Retailer / Organisation
- Best Store Manager or Employee from an Independent / Small Business
- Best Market Manager, Operator, Farmer or Trader
- Best under 25 year old, manager or employee from a high street business
For details on how to enter: www.thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.uk.
The deadline for entries is Friday, 9 September 2016.