National Grant Funding
Explore the grants, vouchers and related business funding currently available nationwide
Government funding for small businesses has gradually been reduced, with the government intervening less in the direct provision of support. The main funds administered by the government now target innovation and exporting.
Explore below for the national grant schemes currently running.
- Shell LiveWIRE Smarter Future Programme - open to any entrepreneur aged 16-30 who has been trading for less than a year, and has an idea that addresses the UK's future transport, energy, or natural resource challenges.
- New Enterprise Allowance - can provide money and support to help you start your own business if you're getting certain benefits.
- Creative England (Tech & Digital) - helps digital and tech companies with the investment and support to create groundbreaking technology.
- Creative England (Film & TV) - supports a range of content creators to realise their potential and bring exciting film and TV projects to life.
- Creative England (Games) - supports and invests in the gaming industry to create and develop exciting new content.
- Transform Foundation - grants for charities and social enterprises to establish an amazing web presense.
- The Carbon Trust Green Business Fund - a capital contribution to small and medium sized businesses for buying energy saving equipment.
- Plug-in Car and Van Grants - you can get a grant towards the cost of each new electric (plug-in) car or van you buy, if it meets certain conditions.
- Discovery Grants - Dicovery Grants of up to £5,000 are available to fund an activity which supports one or more of their three priority themes.
- Textiles Growth Programme - A combination of capital and revenue grants for premises, plant, machinery, equipment, energy efficiency, workforce training, R&D and products.