New £15 Million Enabling and Emerging Technology Competition Announced
Innovate UK are to invest up to £15m in business led, innovative projects to help businesses broaden out innovation activities, to find new sources of revenue from new products, processes or services.
- harness E&E technologies across the economy
- develop and scale-up research and development to bring ideas, processes and products closer to availability at scale and commercial release
- use design processes to understand customer motivations and behavior and use that insight gained to create better products, services and processes
Innovate UK are looking to fund a portfolio of projects that include:
- technical feasibility
- industrial research
- experimental development
Projects must clearly show high-growth, potential innovations in one or more of the following areas:
- any emerging technology that can demonstrate a step change in performance and the potential to disrupt existing industrial approaches; we are particularly looking to fund projects in energy harvesting, imaging technologies, graphene or biofilms
- any enabling technology in: satellite applications, electronics, sensors, photonics, digital, Internet of Things (IoT), data, cybersecurity, virtual or augmented reality and distributed ledger technology.
A series of events are being held by KTN to discuss the competition and to support networking: