Winton Labs - the Data Science Accelerator
What is Winton Labs?
Winton Labs aims to be Europe’s premier startup accelerator for data science companies.
Run by the venture division of quantitative investment group Winton, the programme aims to attract early stage companies where the creation of data or the application of data science is central to the business objectives.
Winton has a long history of successfully applying data science to disrupt the world of Investing, and we want to support companies that have the same data centric view of the world.
The 3 month programme will take place in the ‘The Lab’ co-working space at Winton’s London HQ.
- It’s free: we take no equity, and offer a £5-15k stipend to each team
- The unique combination of mentors: participants will have access to Winton’s data scientists, business leaders and VC team, as well as a vast network of external mentors
- The quality: leveraging a deep network in data science across the startup ecosystem, industry and academia, the programme is set to provide the most targeted and effective possible launchpad for data science focused startups
What are we looking for?
We are looking for innovators in the following categories:
- Data Science & Machine Intelligence: We want to meet entrepreneurs building companies where the application of data science is critical to success.
- Forecasting: We like businesses that are focused on interesting or difficult forecasting problems, where our expertise may create synergies.
- Interesting Data: We are data hungry and are interested in meeting companies that are creating new or novel data streams.
- Wildcard: We’re open to brilliant minds without a clear product plan, but with a keen interest in data and analysis.
Who should apply?
We are looking for startups that are yet to receive a significant round of institutional funding. Applicants can come for anywhere in the world, but must be willing to relocate full-time to London for an intensive 3 month programme. We are looking for entrepreneurs building companies on the application of data or data science. We don’t care how you label your company, we just care about the core data problem you are tackling.