Venues required for free SME Energy Management Training events
Throughout 2016/17 the Carbon Trust will deliver a number of SME Energy Management Training Workshops across England. They are keen to collaborate with public sector bodies in delivering this training due to both their own interest in supporting local businesses and because of their trusted role in the local SME community.
The workshops will focus on delivering highly accessible energy saving advice focused on key opportunities for SME community. As such training modules are likely to include;
- Understanding and reducing energy bills through behavioral and low cost measures
- Focus on major areas of energy consumption in SMEs (lighting, equipment, HVAC, travel)
- Access to funding and free one-to-one site audits.
To ensure that the training workshops are attractive and accessible to SMEs, the Carbon Trust hope to run them as 2 back to back ½ day training workshops of 3 hours duration (9am – 12 noon & 1pm – 4pm).
- The Carbon Trust will cover costs associated with the provision of an energy management trainer and catering on the day. They will also provide an event organiser to manage the logistics involved such as producing name badges, liaising with registered delegates and reporting on delegate satisfaction.
- The Carbon Trust ask that their partner public sector bodies provide a suitable training venue (at no cost to the Carbon Trust) for 20 - 30 delegates and help in marketing the event to their local SMEs.
If you are interested in collaborating with the Carbon Trust in the provision of these training events then please contact Chantalle.Thomson@CarbonTrust.com with the following information:
- Identification of a suitable venue for the training workshop
- Suggestion of a preferred training date
- Your channels to support the marketing of the workshop.
Managing Director, Programmes, Carbon Trust